Tuesday, May 23, 2006

My Silent Hill Obsession

I love the Silent Hill games and love costume and prop making. Well before Halloween last year these two things came together naturally and I ended up constructing a Pyramid Head costume. Along the way I got the crazy idea in my head to build a small mini-set. The small set was based on a small section of hallway from a level on the game.

At first I was just going to paint everything onto plywood and leave it. After I finished painting a door on decided against that. The door would need to open at least.
Well, after cutting the door out, that wasn't good enough. So the door had to look even more and more realistic. The rest of the wall followed. I soon found the project getting larger than I had ever planned. The door was more and more detailed. The exit sign was made and could be lit up. The walls had the bumper guards on the sides and soon I was building a section of wall that included a boarded up window.

Here are some photos :)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/cobrabat/bluecreekapartment/IMAG0067wall.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/cobrabat/bluecreekapartment/IMAG0060wall.jpg[/IMG]

After plenty of time and money had been spent it was finally finished.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home